Small Town Living in Sycamore, Illinois
10 things We Love About Our Town
Sycamore, Illinois-Population 17,519
- It's a small town; you will always run into someone you know! You will always run into someone you know at the annual Sycamore Pumpkin Festival Weekend!
- It's only an hour outside of Chicago driving, and you have the option of taking the Metra Train in from Elburn, IL (about 25 min commute) to Chicago.
- We love the seasonal changes, every three months, the weather changes!
- It only takes us a "few" minutes to get to one side of the town to the other when working, visiting friends, running to the store.
- We enjoy the locally-owned restaurants, shops, and penny meters in downtown Sycamore.
- We do have the DeKalb Airport, larger big box stores, and national restaurants available to visit as well.
- DeKalb County, we are home of the Northern Illinois University Huskies! They host great venues like sporting events and concerts.
- The Sycamore Park Distric has amazing programs from events to sports for all ages, thanks to the newly approved $13 Million Expansion, including a new facility and more parks!
- The Sycamore School District offers ample opportunity for children to grow, learn, get involved, and be proud to be a Sycamore Alumni!
- We have amazing options for housing and/or new business opportunities. We own and operate a small business in downtown Sycamore, called American Realty. Check out our real estate site for more info homes for sale, retail stores for lease, homes for rent; you name it! We would be happy to assist you!
Hope to see you in Sycamore soon! Have a great New Year!
Wednesday January 2nd, 2019